themadman wrote:+1 to hits.
ebay forums wrote:The process of USPS parcels sent to india:
1. Seller sends item to usps and generates a tracking No, EC123456789US. (TAT 2 DAYS) 
2. Item gets processed through Sort facility at the USPS Office. (TAT 1 DAY) 
3.International Dispatch. (TAT Same Day)
4. Arrival at Destination. (TAT 4 DAYS) 
5. OUT OF CUSTOMS.(Same Day)(We have Customs in Mumbai - for south and central india & New Delhi - for North India.
6.Once it shows this Please visit INDIA POST WEBSITE and Click on IPS Tracking. It gives the exact time and date the item will be dispatched to the local Destination.
7. Reaches the FORIEGN POST OFFICE in the local City. (TAT 4 DAYS) 
8.FORIEGN POST OFFICE sends for CUstoms Duty office located in the same building.(Same Day)
9. Once it reaches this point Please visit the Local Customs Office personally along with the INVOICE of Purchase of the ITEM and submit along with a letter stating the contents of the item in the parcel to the authorities.
10. Customs will include the Customs charge and clear the ITEM and send it to FORIEGN POST OFFICE. (TAT 1 DAY) 
11. FORIEGN POST OFFICE will dispacht it to your nearest PARCEL POST OFFICE in your locality. (TAT 1 DAY) 
12. Local Post Office postman comes home for delivery, collects the Customs charge and hands over the Parcel.(TAT 1 DAT) 
This is the LIFE HISTORY of USPS Parcels delivery to INDIA. None of the Parcels will be lost but will be with the Customs. You have to go around their office atleast 3 - 4 times to clear your parcel. PLEASE KEEP CHECKING INDIA POST IPS WEB TRACKING for Updated information of your parcel.
Users browsing this forum: camaleonte and 1 guest