I'm going to buy my first decent bike... I started off with a budget of 10-12 and this allowed for just the ACT110 and then finally move it up to 15 after seeing this gives me more options... like the Firefox RoadRunner and then I went to a larger showroom with more brands...
And now, I'm totally confused... with what to buy...
My requirements are:
Daily Cycling of about 8-12kms
Occasional longer drives on the weekends.
Preferably a hybrid to manage the mediocre/bad roads in bangalore with occasional footpath driving.
I weight about 98kgs and am 178cms tall. So I am also preferring something with Shocks... I've ridden a few of my friends bikes and think that it really makes a differnce.
The following are my current options:
1. Hercules Neo (12,900 all inclusive) - Cheapest and probably reasonable cycle.
2. Firefox Road runner Disc (15,400) This has front suspension, and disc brakes... but the general frame to me looked flimsy and weak.
3. Montra Jazz A (16,500) This does not seem to have the front shocks but I'm not a 100% on that... but the bike looks and feels good.
4. Schwinn Searcher (22,000) I personally don't like this that much but its a tried and tested bike... so I'm ready to go for it...
5. Schwinn Sportera (19,000) Almost the same as the searcher but no shocks...
6. Bianchi Spillo Rubino Suspension (19,300) Now the reason I am looking at this bike is... this has a marked price tag of 24,500 but one of the local dealers claims that the company has for a while marked down the price of the bike.
The shocks feels amazing in the Bianchi and it also allows us to lock it. But the thing is I'm unable to find concrete data on how this bike is anywhere online... BZ also does not seem to have many reviews... I hate the ladybird like handles but the dealer would swap that out for a flat one for free.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Is the Bianchi worth it at the 19k price tag or is it not?