Now that I have a lot of time in hand I thought I will write a well deserved review of my bike, Btwin Rockrider 5.1, a Decathlon creation.
For specifictions please go to following link.http://www.btwincycle.com/EN/rockrider-5-1-men-s-25131570/
I bought it a little more than three months ago from BOTS for 12K and have done around 1500 kms.
Have rode mostly on roads and very little off-road. The rides include two trips to Nandi hills, few century +/- rides, one Bangalore-Mysore ride, one Mysore-Mudhumalai-Mysore ride (in rains mostly) and an off-road near Sarjapur Road (around 30 kms). So, the bike has seen most of the terrains possible near Bangalore.
Major issues faced till now:
1. One flat while climbing Nandi- But it can happen to any bike any time
2. The rear derailleur wheel alignment got a little bent towards the wheel while on a ride and the chain was not shifting to the highest gear. While on the lowest it was touching the spokes of the rear wheel. I corrected the shifting problem by adjusting the cable tension (courtesy Youtube) and the Rohan pulled the derailleur wheels a little outside and it has been working fine since then.
1. Overall a decent bike for beginers. It is not a buy and forget-maintenance kind of bike and I think that is good for the biker as he gets to learn more about his bike this way.
2. No issues of any kind with Handle grips, saddle, brakes, front suspension, shifters (SRAM) till now.
3. No issues with the front derailluers yet.
4. AFAR, the chain has slipped just once yet.
5. The semi-slick tyres have been holding up nice though i feel a little uncertain on very sandy surface. Signs of wearing down are visible now.
Dislikes ( more of things-I-would-love-different on the bike)
1. I was getting a screeching noise two weeks ago when pedaling on uphills. Was not sure if it is coing from the pedals or the crank or the BB. Just tightend the bolt between pedal and crank one day and now the noise is gone.
2. The rear derailleur sometimes does not shift to the higest ratio but again it can be corrected by adjusting the cable tension (I can even do it without getting off the bike now).
3. At 14 kgs I wish it was a little lighter.
To summarize I am very satisfied with the bike and would whole heartedly recommend it to any body looking to start biking. The best part is that you can get it for around 9.5 K if you buy directly from Decathlon (If you are a member or know somebody who is a member).